Saturday, October 26, 2013

Hometalk Halloween Hunt in Frederick

I stumbled upon a post on Facebook inviting local bloggers to check out four antique and vintage shops in the area and find a great piece to craft with and then blog about their finds.  I'm pretty new at blogging, so it's still a little weird to think of myself as a local blogger, but antiques? vintage?  Please, I signed right up!

We bloggers (squee!) met up at the first stop: Sweet Clover Barn



They had a tasty little breakfast spread, yumm, along with Miriam from Hometalk and Karen, the Graphics Fairy.  Karen has 1000s of amazing vintage graphics for the anyone to use, even you!  We got a shopping tote with directions to all the stores and some other local haunts, and we were off.

Let me tell you, Sweet Clover was incredible, I can't believe I hadn't been there before.  It is a vintage and antique lovers dream: a whole barn filled with areas decorated by different dealers and designers.  I took pictures of some of my favorites:


Love the insect plates and the black color scheme.

Baby legs, just in time for Halloween! 

Typewriter, I don't know why I love you!
 
 
Next, we headed just a few miles up the road to Chartreuse & Co, another barn (well, several barn buildings, actually) filled with more antique delights.  There was almost too much to see, and I could have stayed for hours.  They are open for sales monthly.


Cute outside set-up, love stone buildings


 
 
Like how they used the bike.
 
The Old Lucketts Store was the next stop, and they had the Design House opened and decorated beautifully.  With a bit of wine to enjoy the settings, I took in the décor.
 
I want to come home to this desk :)
 
Color!!


View with a doe out the door of the Design House, jealous!

           
 
 
The last stop was On a Whim and The Hummingbird's Nest, a double dose on antique fun. You can't miss On a Whim, she has painted the building and silo next door pink with black polka dots!
 

The Hummingbird's Nest is the house in the foreground,
with On a Whim in the back left painted pink with black polka dots!
 


Really cute room at On a Whim, love the fall colors and of course, the typewriter!


\
La Maison
I had a wonderful time during my first blogger event and found a few great new treasure hunting spots!  I made my purchase of the day at Chartreuse & Co.  A print of an old French poster featuring really ornate furniture for the home.  It's called Home: The Guard Furniture.  I know our purchase was supposed to be crafty, but I'm the first to admit how un-crafty I am, so I went with this great print, I think I'll just hang it on my wall.  Some of the pieces are so outrageous and over the top, I love it!

I'm so glad I decided to take part in this fun event and I'll definitely be going to all these great shops again!

'Til next time :)




 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment