Friday, September 20, 2013

OOTD: Orange at the BrewFest & Introducing the "Events" Page

Shirt : Victoria's Secret
Skirt: Forever21
Clutch: Marshalls


Today's post is an OOTD (Outfit of the Day) from earlier in the summer.  Now that fall is only days away, it seems like it was so long ago.  The picture was taken in the parking field of the NOVA Brewfest, summer edition.  It's a fun event where you get to drink all kinds of different beers in one place!  I had literally been outside for maybe two minutes, and already my hair was falling flat (didn't keep my curlers in long enough)!


It was the end of June, and so dang hot, so I knew I had to dress light and a skirt was the way to go.  This is a pretty causal outfit, but I still tried to give it a vintage feel.  I got the skirt at Forever21.  Now, their stuff is not always the most well made, but they do have some cute things at great prices, disposable fashion at it's best (or worst)!  It's the perfect circle skirt, flowy and light and the polka dots give it a retro flavor.  I felt like I needed a colorful shirt, so I went for this V-neck from Victoria's Secret.  I actually like their clothes a lot more than their bras, and I have this super comfy tee in a few colors!  And of course, orange and brown look great together in my opinion, so I went for my orange clutch that I got at Marshalls.  They're hard to see, but my sandals are also blue.  And my pearls :)


Also, I thought that since we're talking about fun events, this would be a great time to roll out the new "Events" page on the blog!  Here you can find retro and pin-up type events, vintage and antique events, and then just some other fun local events if your in the DMV area.  I'm trying to now add events to this page as I find out about them, so it will be updated frequently and always have new and exciting ways to have a good time.  You'll see the new tab at the top of the page.  As always, please let me know what you think and if you have any events to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment