Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fia's Fabulous Finds & Something for the Guys!

Last month, I attended a fun vintage pop-up event in DC put on by  Fia's Fabulous Finds.  They are a great little store right in the city that offers "nearly new" clothing and accessories from vintage to name brand at amazingly low prices.  But the events they have are really where they shine!  They have $20 Fill the Bag events, where, you guessed it, you can fill a bag for only $20.  Fia's also has Bargain Basement Tuesdays.  Every Tuesday from 11am to 8pm, you get to raid their basement, where nothing is more than $6.  That's right, $6!!!  This place is right up our vintage loving alley, so head over the next time your in the city!



Ok, now for the Pop-Up Event.  It was held at the District Architecture Center, a really beautiful, open space full of glass.  It houses the Washington Architectural Foundation and an art gallery.  A great place to have the event since it allowed the products to take center stage, but not big enough for how many people came out (it was popular)!




 



This lovely lady greeted us as we entered.  The place was PACKED, and I didn't get any pictures from inside.  We walked around a few times, checking out all the vendors.  Most of the clothes were not from my era, but from the 60's to the 90's, so I didn't have any luck there.  I did, however, find a beautiful, long pink pearl necklace which I could not live without!  You'll learn I'm a real sucker for my pearls :)







Christopher Williams (left) and Howard Brown
I made my way toward some stairs to get away from the throng, and found these two dapper gentlemen right beside it.  They run Brown & Williams Clothiers, a DC-based men's vintage purveyor found only online for now, but obviously at the select, choice live event!  They actually specialize in vintage British mensware, with new shipments coming across the pond regularly.

Curator Christopher Williams tells me they are "A happy collision of two gentlemen from slightly different times, but both with a genuine love of a properly cut and sewn piece of cloth. We aspire to one day have our very own little corner of DC in which to sell our wares."

My boyfriend also likes vintage, and is always in search of some classic, golf-esque plaid pants.  Christopher was on hand to see if he could help us find the right size.  He checked his reserves behind the table, and we came out victorious, with a great pair of fantastic plaids!  These guys definitely aim to please, and it's not often you find a business that specializes in men's vintage.  They have a great online shop through their website, definitely worth taking a look at.


I finally did make it down the stairs and found a neat little spot to rest for a moment.  Check out the fantastic modern red chair, I couldn't resist the photo-op. 


I suppose this is a good picture to make my first OOTD (Outfit of the Day).

Top & Capris: Bernie Dexter

Pearls (told you I loved them)

Black Watch & Wedges (black goes with EVERYTHING)




Well, that was my exciting trip into DC to get my vintage fix.  Stay tuned for the next post (sorry, haven't picked the topic yet), and let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment